Monday, October 6, 2008

Conference

Normally I'm not one to post many church related items but this past weekend we had the opportunity to watch General Conference (which happens twice a year) where the General Authorities speak. I will admit that most of the time I end up falling asleep at some point...but I did really good this year.

After watching conference I have decieded that our family motto will be "Finding Joy In The Journey". This was one of the talks and it was great! Life goes by so fast that sometimes we forget to find joy in the little things. People always tell me I'm going to miss this or that when the time has pasted. Some of the time I believe but other times...I'm just not so sure. For example - people tell me I'm going to miss Grant getting up at 6 am when he is 16 and refuses to get out of bed by 9 or 10 am. I would be willing to give the 9 or 10 thing a try for a week or so to see if I really do miss the 6 am wake up call.

But overall I do think it is true that we need to find joy in the journey. Because the time does past so quickly. I can't believe our wonderful dog Buster is almost 8 years old and Bugsy - our forever puppy - is almost 6 years old. Or that Grant just turned 1. It just seemed like yesterday that Buster was our only dog, I was holding Bugsy at 3 days old and Grant was 8 lbs.



1 comment:

Carrie Wood said...

I am super impressed you got so much from conference. With Caleb and his constant moving, I didn't get much. Good thing I can read it in the Ensign.
I love your family motto.