Friday, December 26, 2008

Weekly Review...Early!

We hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!

This was Grant's 2nd Christmas. He didn't care to unwrap presents....but he sure enjoyed the toys inside the wrapping. Here is a video from this past week (including Christmas). I got a new camera for Christmas so there are sure to be many more photos/videos in the new future as it is much nicer than my old camera.

Grant got a Red Wagon Tricycle which he loves - but he is too short to reach the peddles. He also got a interactive bouncy horse....which he likes to get on and off. The other hit toy this year was a Leap Frog Spin and Sing Alphabet Zoo - when I opened it he played with it non-stop for 20 minutes!

As I was waiting for this video to upload I gave Grant a bath and got him ready for bed. Then as we do every night I started to read him a book. Normally we read "Good Night Moon" but for the past couple of nights we have been reading "Hush Little Baby". If you know the book it is like a song....so I sang it to him. As I'm reading/singing the book I notice Grant's face - a big frown and he is starting to tear up. I guess Nate was right - I'm not a very good singer....and Grant just couldn't take it anymore. Oh well I guess it is back to our normal book.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Oh Melissa! That's a funny story, but I'm sure it wasn't your singing! Though Anthony did make Addie cry with his singing once... :) Every baby loves his mommy's voice, right?

Anonymous said...

I love the singing/book story. Too bad Nate wasn't taping you...I'm sure you would have put it in the video, right? :)